Compliant with all state and federal laws, Front Range Seamless Gutters does not use, nor will we repair any gutters or homes painted with lead-based paint, without taking the necessary precautions.
Federal Law Requires
Individuals must receive certain information before renovating twenty square feet or more of painted surfaces (ex. gutters, facia) for exterior projects in housing, child care facilities, and schools built before 1978.
Beginning April 2010, federal law will require contractors that disturb lead-based paint in homes, child care facilities, and schools, built before 1978 to be certified and follow specific work practices to prevent lead contamination.
The Facts About Lead
- Lead can affect children’s brains and developing nervous systems, causing reduced IQ, learning disabilities, and behavioral problems.
- Lead is also harmful to adults.
- Lead in dust is the most common way people are exposed to lead.
- Lead-based paint was used in more than 38 million homes until it was banned for residential use in 1978
- Projects that disturb lead-based paint can create dust and endanger you and your family.
The work area should not be accessible to occupants while the work occurs. The rooms or areas where work is being done may be blocked off or sealed with plastic sheeting to contain any dust that is generated. Heavy-duty plastic and tape will be used to cover the ground or over any object that cannot be moved like flowers, bushes, etc. The contained area will not be available to you until the work in that area is complete and the containment has been removed.
The Regional EPA Office can provide further information regarding lead safety and lead protection programs at www.epa.gov/lead